Who do you think should be our Senior of the Year 2016?
The Victorian Senior of the Year 2016 awards are seeking nominations. Last year, the top honour went to Peter Hopper of Bright for his advocacy work for older people in Bright and the Alpine region, and for people living with a disability or who may be marginalised due to their ethnicity or cultural background.
Nominations opened 4th April 2016 and close 30th June 2016.
The categories are:
- Premier’s Award for Victorian Senior of the Year for an outstanding contribution to their local community and Victoria.
- Promotion of Multiculturalism Award for a significant contribution to promoting the benefits of cultural diversity
- Healthy and Active Living Award for helping create active and healthy communities
- Veteran Community Award for an exceptional contribution to the veteran community
- Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria Senior Achiever Awards for significant contributions to their local communities and Victoria
Download a nomination form from Seniors Online Victoria here or call Seniors Information COTA Victoria on 1300 13 50 90 to have a form mailed out.