The new Age-Friendly Victoria Award
The Age-Friendly Victoria Award is open to any organisation or business working with an age-friendly approach.
The award recognises excellence and innovation in creating age-friendly communities, promoting active ageing and improving quality of life and inclusion for older people.
The Age-Friendly Victoria Award aims to:
- highlight the importance of age-friendly activities and environments for Victorian seniors
- promote a high standard and quality in age-friendly practice across Victoria
- recognise excellence and innovation in Victorian age-friendly initiatives
To nominate for the Age-Friendly Award download a form at
Organisations must demonstrate achievements in each of the four key selection criteria:
- Engagement with older people – older people participate in planning and implementing the age-friendly activity or environment.
- Age-friendliness – the activity or environment enables older people to achieve good health and wellbeing, social and economic participation, or personal security.
- Attitudinal shift – the activity or environment promotes positive attitudes towards ageing and older people in the community.
- Sustainability – the activity or environment is embedded within the community or organisation or business to ensure its ongoing viability.
For more information please contact Seniors Information Victoria on 1300 13 50 90 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations close 30 June 2016.