Seniors Online: www.seniorsonline.vic.gov.au
Seniors Online is a Victorian Government website that aims to be the first port of call online for older Victorians. Subjects include:
- The Seniors Card program.
- Victorian Seniors Festival events.
- Better Health Channel information.
- Victorian Government programs.
- News, features, polls and photo galleries.
- Community contacts and directories.
Better Health Channel: www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au
The Better Health Channel was established in May 1999 by the Victorian (Australia) Government. Its role is to provide the community with access to online health related information which is quality assured, reliable, up-to-date and locally relevant
Department of Health: http://www.health.vic.gov.au
The Department of Health is committed to achieving the best health and wellbeing for all Victorians.
The Department of Health seeks to achieve this vision by positively effecting change in the operation and development of the Victorian healthcare system. We aim to:
- develop a system that is responsive to people’s needs
- improve every Victorian’s health status and experiences
- expand service, workforce and system capacity
- increase the system’s financial sustainability and productivity
- implement continuous improvements and innovation
- increase accountability and transparency
- utilise e-health and communications technology to improve outcomes for patients and all Victorians.
Office of Housing: www.housing.vic.gov.au
The Office of Housing manages or provides funds for the Victorian social housing portfolio of over 76,000 properties, including long term community, public and Aboriginal housing, short-medium term crisis and transitional housing, and assistance with bond loans for private rental
Office of the Health Services Commissioner: http://www.health.vic.gov.au/hsc/
Problem with a health service or concerns about your health privacy? We can help.
The Health Services Commissioner:
- Provides a free and confidential service
- Helps people make their concerns known to health services providers.
- Protects your right of access to your health information.
- Conciliates formally or informally, between consumers and providers of services.
- Assists in the resolution of complaints.
- Uses information obtained and lessons learned to recommend improvements to services.