Project on how to engage older people in sport and physical activity was developed by COTA Victoria.
The aim is to fill the gap on supporting sporting clubs and organisations getting more older people involved in not only physical activity but as volunteers, committee people or even as spectators. Getting people involved, connected and healthy!
Key messages of the project include:
- Be welcoming and hospitable
- Build relationships with older people
- Network with others to share your ideas and resources
- Be flexible:. Modify your activities to make them enjoyable
- Consult older people about their needs
- Work together, form partnerships and share information
- Physical Activity improves people’s physical and mental health
For more information and to download a copy of the guide click here