The Australian Government has a Financial Information Service offering financial information seminars on a number of subject areas – including retirement, getting ready for retirement and living in retirement seminars – to help people prepare for this next stage in life.
Seminar topics include: understanding superannuation, retirement reality and investment choices, age pension and your choices, understanding retirement income streams, understanding shares, accommodation options in retirement, understanding your pension, aged care fees and charges, estate planning for older people, financial planning and choosing a financial planner, running your own super fund and understanding property investment.
The FIS can help people to:
- increase your confidence with financial matters like investment, salary sacrifice and superannuation
- understand your own financial affairs and options
- understand financial planners and how to use their advice
- how to use credit sensibly
- save and plan for the future through investing
- plan for your retirement
- understand what happens when you move into aged care
They will also explain:
- the risk of certain financial products
- the roles of financial professionals
- the benefit of reducing debt
- how you can increase your overall retirement income
For more information on the topics and dates go to FIS Seminars