ASIC’s MoneySmart is encouraging women to have regular money conversations
Women face specific challenges when it comes to managing their money. Many women take time out of the paid workforce to care for others, which reduces their retirement savings. With a longer life expectancy than men, this often puts women in a particularly vulnerable position when it comes to their finances.
To address these financial challenges, ASIC’s Laura Higgins sat down with five influential and inspirational Australian women to chat about their money experiences and to encourage all women to have their own money conversations with friends and family. The women featured in the videos are:
- Faustina Agolley: TV host, actor and DJ
- Jane Caro: Social commentator and author
- Shivani Gopal: Founder, The Remarkable Woman
- Sarah Moran: Co-founder and CEO of Girl Geek Academy
- Kate Ritchie: Actress and radio host.
Starting a conversation about money with your friends and family doesn’t have to be awkward or painful. ASIC is encouraging women to talk to their partners, friends, children and other family members about good and bad money habits, financial decisions they’ve made in their lives, and how to plan for the future.
The campaign videos are available on ASIC’s MoneySmart YouTube channel (MoneySmartAU):
- Vignette videos – 5 videos in which each personality shares her money story
- Campaign theme videos – A suite of 15 videos which address specific themes, including ‘Engaging with superannuation’, ‘The importance of financial independence’ and ‘Protecting your finances’.