Council on the Ageing (COTA Victoria) is the leading not-for-profit organisation representing the interests and rights of people aged over 50 in Victoria. For nearly 70 years in Victoria, we have led government, corporate and community thinking about the positive aspects of ageing. COTA Victoria’s strategic and operational focus is on promoting older age as a time of opportunities for personal growth, contribution and self-expression.
Seniors Rights Victoria (SRV) is a program of COTA which addresses and responds to older people experiencing elder abuse. Elder abuse is any act which causes harm to an older person, carried out by someone they know and trust. Elder abuse is recognised as a form of family violence.
SRV’s services include a Helpline, specialist legal services, short term support and advocacy, and community education, in addition to broader policy, systemic advocacy, law reform and capacity building roles both in Victoria and nationally.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced administrative officer who is well organised, has excellent communication skills, and high level computer literacy, and who has a keen interest in supporting SRV staff engaged in legal, advocacy, education and project work.
Benefits and Perks
- Rewarding Opportunity
- An attractive remuneration package
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Being part of a friendly, collaborative team that is welcoming, supportive and enjoy making a difference.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated ability to undertake a wide range of office administrative support functions
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, including ability to confidently communicate with a wide range of individuals and organisations in person, and via telephone and email
- High level computer literacy and skills in: general office applications (Microsoft office applications); databases (e.g. CLSIS, Infocom or similar); and content management systems and webpage programs (e.g. WordPress)
- Good interpersonal skills, including sensitivity in communicating with older people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work flexibly under direction, independently, and in a team, as required
- Ability to work under pressure, manage timelines and work with conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Interest in working in SRV and in issues relevant to older people, and willingness to commit to the values of COTA and SRV
How to Apply
Application to Include:
- Short (1 page max.) covering letter
- Statement briefly addressing each selection criterion
- Current resume
For further information about the position please contact Jenny Blakey, Manager SRV on (03) 9655 2104.
Email application to: email@example.com. Applications close 9 am Monday 28th January, 2019.