Council on the Ageing (COTA Victoria) is the leading not-for-profit organisation representing the interests and rights of people aged over 50 in Victoria. For nearly 70 years in Victoria, we have led government, corporate and community thinking about the positive aspects of ageing.
The Aged Care Systems Navigator trials have been established to test a range of different models in different circumstances. The aim is to support people who need additional support to understand and engage with the aged care system to:
• Understand the aged care system, including what services are available to meet their needs and how to access them.
• Engage with and access the aged care system, including connecting these people with My Aged Care and providing them with support to choose and access services.
Given the focus is on supporting people to connect with the aged care system, the role of an aged care system navigator does not extend beyond the point of service commencement when people have already accessed services and are moving through the system.
The Coordinator of the Information Hub will provide locally targeted information and build people’s capacity to engage with the aged care system, including recruiting, training and supporting volunteers to deliver the services.
1. Work with a local Steering Group to develop and implement the service in the City of Greater Dandenong.
2. Recruit, train and support volunteers from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds to disseminate information about accessing aged care services within their communities.
3. Develop different approaches to providing information to CALD communities, including:
• Distribution of tailored information
• Face to face supports
• Peer support
• Assistance with form filling
4. Promote the services within the local community.
5. Collect data on the services provided and provide reports as required by the funding agreement.
6. Work collaboratively with other Systems Navigator trials across Victoria.
7. Participate in COTA Victoria meeting s and staff development
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Appropriate qualifications and/or equivalent experience in aged care and community services and consumer consultation and co-design.
• A thorough understanding of the aged care system including the financial components and ability to view the system from a consumer perspective.
• Commitment to human rights, community development and the vision, mission and values of COTA Victoria.
• Ability to recruit and manage volunteers to deliver the service.
• Experience in liaison, consultation and negotiation with key stakeholders including older people, community groups, partner agencies, funding bodies and government
• Ability to work with volunteers and groups from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds to help overcome barriers to accessing appropriate aged care supports.
• Ability to develop a service model that will assist consumers and their supporters to navigate the aged care system and develop the tools and processes to support that model
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including presentation and written communication for diverse audiences
• Ability to work as part of the COTA Victoria staff and volunteer team to deliver the project outcomes.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should express their interest through a short covering letter attaching their resume and a brief document addressing the key selection criteria to be considered for the role.
A full position description is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about the position please contact Karen Iatrou, Human Resources on (03) 9655 2103. Applications close on 9 am 28th January, 2019