- Part Time Position (15.2 hours per week)
- Rewarding opportunity
- Salary Packaging and Fringe Benefits available
Council on the Ageing (COTA Victoria) is the leading not-for-profit organisation representing the interests and rights of people aged over 50 in Victoria. For nearly 70 years in Victoria, we have led government, corporate and community thinking about the positive aspects of ageing.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and well organised Payroll Accounts Officer to join our established team. The role requires someone with a mature attitude and the ability to take control and work autonomously within a team environment. You will ideally have a confident, ethical and professional approach with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience directly processing all aspects of the payroll and accounts payable functions of an organisation.
To be successful in this positon you will have relevant accounts and payroll qualifications and/or experience and a commitment to executing your role with a high level of accuracy, ensuring compliance and guidelines are strictly adhered to.
This is a fantastic role for a passionate administrator to provide financial and payroll support to an organisation dedicated to supporting older Victorians.
In addition, you will enjoy:
- an attractive remuneration package;
- 9.5% superannuation contribution;
- generous salary sacrifice & fringe benefit entitlements;
- pro-rata 4 weeks’ paid annual leave and leave loading and a flexible working environment;
- being part of a friendly, collaborative team that is welcoming, supportive and enjoy making a difference.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Relevant qualifications in accounting or a combination of relevant training and experience;
- Skilled to manage the full payroll function with at least 3 years’ experience as a Payroll Officer in a not for profit environment;
- Sound accounting skills with at least 3 years’ experience in an accounts payable function;
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of Xero, QuickBooks (we are transitioning from Quickbooks) and MS Office;
- Proven ability to interpret relevant Awards, Agreements and legislation and provide advice on queries;
- Demonstrated ability to be organised, prioritise work, and manage time effectively;
- Ability to maintain strict confidences on matters associated with the organisation’s financial operations and payroll;
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills and strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills that have seen you create respected relationships;
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should express their interest through a short covering letter attaching their resume and a brief document addressing the key selection criteria to be considered for the role. A full position description is available on request by emailing email@example.com
For further information about the position please contact Karen Iatrou, Human Resources on (03) 9655 2103. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close on 9 am 28th January, 2019