Council on the Ageing (COTA Victoria) is the leading not-for-profit organisation representing the interests and rights of people aged over 50 in Victoria. For nearly 70 years in Victoria, we have led government, corporate and community thinking about the positive aspects of ageing.
COTA Victoria’s strategic and operational focus is on promoting older age as a time of opportunities for personal growth, contribution and self-expression. We believe there are obvious National, State, community, family and individual benefits from this approach.
The position is located within the Policy and Communications Team which integrates policy development and response and related community and political engagement with marketing and communications. The Marketing and Communications Adviser works across all areas of the organisation including Seniors Rights Victoria and Health and Wellbeing and other programs.
The Marketing and Communications Adviser manages all COTA Victoria communications channels. The position is responsible for all internal and external communications, including the development and delivery of appropriate multi-channel marketing and communications to enhance COTA Victoria’s brand and reputation.
- Support the successful delivery of COTA Victoria’s Marketing and Communications Strategy and Plan and evaluate results.
- Manage COTA Victoria’s communications and marketing, including brand management, external communications, design, content development, publications, online and social media.
- Coordinate content and manage all of COTA Victoria online assets including the websites and social media platforms and report on trends and impact.
- Manage, implement and report on social media campaigns and publishing schedule across social platforms.
- Review digital communications and develop strategy to increase brand awareness and execute digital marketing campaigns.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns to align and promote COTA Victoria’s programs, project and services including the annual Seniors Festival.
- Maximise website Search Engine Optimisation SEO performance and Google AdWords management
- Maintain and grow COTA Victoria’s stakeholder database.
- Engage and manage external suppliers, advertisers, contractors and volunteers to support this position.
- With assistance, undertake event management and set up as necessary.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience in a similar digital communications role is essential including previous experience in strategic digital and social marketing and digital brand positioning.
- Demonstrated capacity to write and produce digital content with the tone and voice appropriate to the organisation’s voice and audience.
- Proven experience in creating a body of marketing collateral.
- Advanced skills in website content platforms including WordPress.
- Experience with online marketing; SEO, SEM, AdWords, Analytics.
- Advanced skills in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- High level IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), CRM systems, Creative Cloud and mailing platform like Campaign Monitor and MailChimp.
- In-house video and photography production highly regarded.
- High level organisational and project management skills including the capacity to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, including highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills with a strong customer focus
- Previous experience in volunteer management and stakeholder engagement
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should express their interest through a short covering letter attaching their resume and a brief document addressing the key selection criteria to be considered for the role.
A full position description is available on request by emailing email@example.com. For further information about the position please contact Karen Iatrou, Human Resources on (03) 9655 2103. Applications close on 11 March 2019.