LLLS Update program – working with older adults.”
Full day Training
Saturday 30th March 2019
10am to 4pm
(Morning Tea included BYO Lunch or CAFÉ in building)
6 CEC points and 2 PD points
The aim of the update program is to provide all Fitness instructors with the opportunity to confirm and further develop their skills in working with older adults. Non LLLS instructors are welcome to participate and also improve their skills with a view to delivering the program with an approved LLLS site.
The day will cover:
- An overview of the aims of Living Longer Living Stronger
- Assessment and health appraisal.
- Seniors fitness test
- Considerations, modifications for exercise prescription
- Fun warmups
- Strength training without machines : atypical group session for older adults
- How to service existing clients better
- Group work: 1. Screening Postural Assessment 3. Write up and taking the person through the program.
- Networking with other instructors assisting you with ideas to grow your business.
This training workshop will be led by Judy McCoy who has over 35 years of experience in the fitness industry with a specific focus on working with older adults. Judy works as a Gym Instructor, P.T. Group Fitness instructor and Aqua instructor and also a sessional teacher for Certificate 3 and 4 of Fitness. Older adults have been her passion and she is keen to share with other instructors the many lessons learnt that enable older people to be active as well as challenged to achieve the goals that they have set themselves.
Where: Croydon Aquahub 11 Civic Square Croydon 3136 (With plenty of parking)
Cost: $255 (Includes GST) for members and $330 (Includes GST) for non-members.