Concession Cards

Here is a handy list of concession cards available to Victorian Seniors.

Concession Cards

Victorian Senior Card & Senior Business Discount Card

seniors_card_logo_rgb (1)

Victoria has two types of cards available to people over the aged of sixty. The available cards Seniors Card and the Seniors Business Discount Card. Which one you are eligible for depends on your individual circumstances.

Information on Seniors Cards including eligibility.


Pensioner Concession Card & Department of Veterans Affairs Card


A Pensioner Concession Card entitles you to reduced cost medicines under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. You may also be entitled to various concessions from the Australian Government.

Information on Pensioner Concession Cards including eligibility.

Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card


Your Commonwealth Seniors Health Card provides discounts on Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) prescription medicines.

Information on Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card including eligibility.

Haven’t found what you’re looking for?  Call 1300 13 50 90 to speak to an information officer for more information

4 Responses to Concession Cards

  1. Valerie Herron says:

    Can I use my Victorian Seniors Card in Western Australia

  2. Brenda Lacey says:

    Hi Valerie,

    All State and Territory governments issue their own Seniors Card and the benefits vary. Generally, businesses (including tours, attractions and accommodation) in one state will usually recognise cards from another. It is best to ask the business if it provides a discount before making a purchase. Here is the link to discounts offered in Western Australia – Information about transport concessions are on the Transperth website –

    You’re welcome to contact our information line on 1300 13 50 90 (9:30am to 1:00pm weekdays) if you would like further information.

    Brenda Lacey
    Information Officer

  3. barbara vangalen says:

    can l use my seniors card in NSW l am from Victoria

  4. Nicky Barry says:

    Hi Barbara,

    Your Seniors Card will be recognized in NSW for concession travel on public transport. You may be able to use it for some other things but there is no obligation for a NSW business to accept it. It’s always worth asking though!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.