On Sunday, 25 April 2021, Australians and New Zealanders will stop to commemorate ANZAC Day. ANZAC Day 2021 will be commemorated in Melbourne and across Victoria this year within the Victorian Government’s COVID-Safe Public Events Framework.
- Many local ANZAC Day activities are taking place at RSLs across the state.
- The Melbourne Dawn Service will be broadcast on ABC and livestreamed on RSL Victoria’s Facebook page at 5.40am on ANZAC Day, with 1,400 tickets to attend at the Shrine of Remembrance available via the Shrine website from 15 April 2021.
- The ANZAC Day CBD march to the Shrine of Remembrance will go ahead with a maximum of 5,500 veteran participants marching along St Kilda Road and will be broadcast on ABC and livestreamed on RSL Victoria’s Facebook page.
- The Melbourne Commemoration Ceremony, including the laying of the Official Wreath, will take place after the ANZAC Day CBD march. This service will be livestreamed on RSL Victoria’s Facebook page.
- The RSL Annual ANZAC Day Church Service is occurring on Sunday 18 April at St Paul’s Cathedral for Evensong from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
As the COVID-19 landscape evolves in Victoria, updates and changes may be made to ANZAC Day commemorations at any time.
Please check the Department of Health and Human Services Victoria | Coronavirus (COVID-19) daily update (dhhs.vic.gov.au) for the latest updatse and changes that may affect ANZAC Day events.