Are you paying too much for your electricity? A simple check could earn you $250 dollars right now and much more over time. As a special incentive to check your bill, the Victorian Government has introduced the $250 Power Saving Bonus for eligible concession holders.
What is the bonus?
The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a one-off payment made to eligible Victorian households who apply by January 31, 2022. Applications take around five minutes and your payment will be made by EFT or cheque within a few weeks. Spend it on anything at all!
To be eligible for the power saving bonus, you must be a Victorian residential energy consumer and be receiving payments under one of the following concession programs:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession
- JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession
- Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card
Need help to apply?
If you can’t apply online, attend one of our workshops in December or January. After a short presentation, we’ll check your information and submit your application on the spot. Call us on 1300 135 090 to book a place in a workshop near you.
What do I need for the application process?
Bring with you to the workshop:
- a recent household electricity bill
- your NMI number (typically a 10 or 11 digit number, written on your bill)
- your Pensioner Concession Card number
- your Health Care Card number (for JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy recipients)
- your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN)
The energy landscape has changed so much in the past few years. There are new retailers and suppliers, different tariffs and thousands of plans available to Victorian households. We encourage you to take this opportunity to learn a little more about the energy market and save money on your bills.