As restrictions ease, we’re all excited to be able to return to our social groups and community activities. When planning to host group meetings and activities, it is important to remember to use best practice and follow COVIDSafe guidelines including:
- providing hand sanitizer for your group
- wearing masks if you have vulnerable people attending
- keeping a record of the people who attend
- limiting participant numbers in accordance with the size your meeting space
- cleaning all surfaces thoroughly in the space you are using (If you meet in a hall or community space used by others, clean surfaces both before and after your session.)
- reminding your participants to wash their hands again before sharing food or drinks.
Many local governments and other organisations who provide community meeting spaces have COVIDSafe information and supporting resources available to the groups using their spaces. The Victorian Government has also produced useful guidance for group leaders and committees in planning safe activities.