COTA Victoria is leading an innovative project to help jobseekers 50 years and over to secure paid work.
Participants in the Reach, Train, Employ project are supported to re-skill and find paid employment. The project provides training for jobs in the fast-growing aged care and disability sectors, with demand expected to create 17,000 new jobs in Victoria by 2023.
We are currently looking for participants to join this exciting new opportunity. The project is open to jobseekers who are 50 years and older and living in the Brimbank or Melton areas of Melbourne.
Participants in the project will be supported to complete a Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing and Disability). The certificate will be delivered by RMIT University, with a new curriculum co-designed by industry experts and people with lived experience. Participants receive a wide range of support including:
- employment assistance such as resume writing, interview techniques and understanding the employment market
- IT and digital literacy support
- financial counselling
- employment placement support.
The project is delivered by COTA Victoria in partnership with the Future Social Services Institute (FSSI) at RMIT University and Good Shepherd Australia and New Zealand (GSANZ). It is supported by the Try, Test and Learn Fund, an initiative of the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
How to register for an information session?
- Register here for Tuesday 4 February 2020, 10 am–12.30 pm, Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand, St Albans
- Register here for Thursday 6 February 2020, 1 pm–3.30 pm, Caroline Springs Library & Learning Hub, Caroline Springs
- Register here for Monday 10 February 2020, 1 pm–3.30 pm, Melton Library & Learning Hub, Melton
- Register here for Wednesday 12 February 2020, 6 pm–8.30 pm, Brimbank Learning Futures, Sunshine
If you are unable to attend any of the above sessions, please express your interest online or phone 0499 224 000. We will then contact you by phone to discuss your interest.
For further queries, contact Team Leader Wennie van Riet at COTA Victoria by phoning 0499 224 000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.