Each year, the Victorian Government issues free travel vouchers to eligible seniors. You’re eligible if you:
- are a Victorian resident and
- hold a Victorian Seniors Card, a Centrelink or DVA pensioner concession card or a Victorian Carer (‘We Care’) card.
Depending on where you live, you can receive two or four off-peak free travel vouchers each year.
However, the government is no longer sending the vouchers automatically. Instead, you need to register for the new system by 31 July 2020. There are three ways to opt in:
- Register online on the PTV website.
- Pick up a registration form at any staffed train station and post it back to PTV (completed forms cannot be left at staffed stations).
- Visit a PTV Hub in Geelong, Bendigo or Melbourne CBD with your eligible concession card.
Eligible card holders who are self-isolating can instead call PTV Customer Service on 1800 800 007 (or 9321 5450 for other languages).
For more information about the changes to free travel vouchers visit the PTV website.