The City of Melbourne is inviting members of the community to contribute stories and experiences to help us celebrate our diverse community and highlight the unique life experiences of older Melburnians.
‘The Years of Our Lives’ – Help us celebrate our diverse community
The Years of Our Lives is a community project which aims to celebrate and showcase the unique life experiences and diversity of older Melburnians. Register with us to receive your inspiration pack and help us unite and celebrate our diverse community through a unique participatory arts experience.
Physical packs are available in the following languages:
- Mandarin and
You’re welcome to provide responses in your language. Final responses are due back by Monday 5 October 2020. Responses will be curated into a shared community timeline and presented in both printed booklet and online formats in October as part of Victorian Seniors Festival Re-imagined 2020.
How to get involved:
- Register with us before Friday 18 September.
- Receive your engaging inspiration pack in the mail.
- Provide responses to a number of reflective questions and tell us about your most treasured memories and life events.
We welcome short written responses with photos or images, longer written responses or perhaps you might like to draw, paint, colour or create.
- Return your responses by mail, book a contactless home pick up, complete the online submission form or chat with us.
- In November, the timeline will be presented both online and in printed booklet format for participants who contributed via physical packs.
HOW TO REGISTER
Participants can provide responses in a range of languages, formats including online, over the phone, by mail or contactless pick up. Open to older people who live in the City of Melbourne.
Contact us to discuss the best option for you.
Phone: 0427 872 516
Phone: 0417 881 235